Whiskey and White Peppercorn Syrup
- SERVINGS: makes 1 cup
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 16 whole white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, Cognac or bourbon
- 1/4 cup finely slivered lemon zest
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean; add the seeds and bean to the pan along with the peppercorns. Simmer over moderate heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Add the whiskey and lemon zest and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then strain.
NotesOne-Quarter Cup Calories 48kcal, Carbohydrate 10 gm.
Serve WithOranges, bananas and cherries.