Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut and Ginger
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
These delicious pureed sweet potatoes are elevated with luxurious coconut cream and zesty fresh ginger.
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, coconut cream and ginger and puree until smooth. Season the pureed potatoes with salt and white pepper, garnish with shredded coconut and serve right away.