Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut and Ginger
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
These delicious pureed sweet potatoes are elevated with luxurious coconut cream and zesty fresh ginger.
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, coconut cream and ginger and puree until smooth. Season the pureed potatoes with salt and white pepper, garnish with shredded coconut and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.