- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, coconut cream and ginger and puree until smooth. Season the pureed potatoes with salt and white pepper, garnish with shredded coconut and serve right away.
If you’re not serving the potatoes right away, let them cool, then transfer to a bowl or large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Rewarm the potatoes in the microwave in 2-minute intervals, stirring each time, until hot.
Unsweetened coconut cream is available in cans at most supermarkets and health food stores. If you can't find it, you can also purchase canned unsweetened coconut milk and let the milk stand, then spoon the thick cream off the top.