Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
Sour cream is folded into these easy make-ahead mashed sweet potatoes for a smooth, tangy finish.
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter and sour cream and puree until smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and white pepper. Serve.