- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- White pepper
- Chile oil, for garnish
- Crudités or pita chips, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the corn, shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat until the corn is crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Scrape into a food processor and let cool slightly. Add the ricotta, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of water and puree until very smooth. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and drizzle with chile oil. Serve with crudités or pita chips.
The dip can be refrigerated overnight. Serve at room temperature.