- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the peanuts until finely chopped. Add the ginger, garlic, bouillon cube, paprika, onion powder and cayenne and pulse until a coarse and crumbly mixture forms. Spread the peanut mixture on a large plate.
- Rub the chicken all over with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and press into the peanut mixture to coat both sides. Arrange the skewers on a plate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a grill pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook half of the chicken over moderate heat, turning carefully, until deep golden and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Serve hot.
The peanut mixture can be refrigerated overnight.