Wax Bean Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 large garlic clove, lightly smashed
- 1 3/4 pounds yellow wax beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium heads of radicchiohalved, cored and finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the hazelnuts in a small pan for about 15 minutes, or until they are fragrant and the skins blister. Transfer the nuts to a dish towel and rub them together to remove the skins. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the garlic, 2 tablespoons of salt and the beans and boil the beans until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain the beans and garlic and rinse with cold water, then drain again and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the beans into 2-inch lengths.
- Mash the cooked garlic to a paste and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and then the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the beans with the radicchio, parsley and dressing. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.