- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- Ice and chilled sparkling water, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the water with the sugar. Simmer over moderate heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the 2 mint sprigs, ginger and salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a blender. Add the watermelon and strawberries and puree until smooth.
- Fill 8 glasses with ice. Pour the agua fresca into the glasses and top off with sparkling water. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.