© Tina Rupp
Watermelon Salad with Feta
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The combination of sweet watermelon, salty olives and creamy feta makes this salad from cookbook author Melissa Clark addictive.
More Terrific Salads
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or other hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted Moroccan or other oil-cured black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and harissa and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the watermelon slices on a platter and sprinkle with the onion, parsley, olives and feta. Drizzle the dressing on top and serve.