- 1 pound seedless watermelon, cubed (1-inch pieces; from one 3 1/4-pounds watermelon)
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean chile powder) or Aleppo pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 20 medium shishito peppers (4 ounces)
- 20 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 cup lightly packed watercress leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- In a large glass or ceramic baking dish, gently toss the watermelon, cucumbers, red onion, vinegar, gochugaru and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Spread in an even layer and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering. Add the shishitos and cook over high heat, tossing, until charred in spots and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shishitos to the baking dish and toss.
- Transfer the salad to plates and garnish with the olives, feta, watercress, cilantro and dill. Serve right away.
Robust, berry-scented rosé.