© Antonis Achilleos
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/3 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 pound peeled seedless watermelon flesh, cut into 1-inch dice (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 6-ounce bunches of arugula, tough stems discarded
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, cover the onion with cold water and ice cubes. Let stand for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, toss the watermelon with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and onion and toss gently. Using a slotted spoon, scatter the watermelon over the salad and top with the goat cheese.
Notes One Serving Calories 127 kcal, Total Fat 7.1 gm, Saturated Fat 2.6 gm.