- 1 large jalapeño
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Twelve 1/2-inch-thick wedges of seedless watermelon, rind removed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
How to make this recipe
Roast the jalapeño directly over a gas flame or under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and let stand for 10 minutes. Peel, stem and seed the jalapeño and transfer to a blender. Add the feta, hot water and 1/4 cup of the olive oil and process until very smooth. Scrape into a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the watermelon and tomatoes on a large platter, scatter the basil on top and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; serve with the feta sauce.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.