- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- One 2 3/4-pound piece of seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (1 1/2 pounds of chunks)
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed and peas thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 cups mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup torn pea shoots (1 ounce)
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar and shallot; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the canola oil, sesame seeds and fish sauce.
In a large serving bowl, toss the watermelon with the snap peas, mint and pea shoots. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and toss again. Serve right away.
Pear-scented Pinot Gris.