Watermelon and Papaya Salad with Tequila Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way This refreshing and complex salad—made with jicama, watermelon, papaya and a bold tequila-based vinaigrette—usually includes little pieces of deep-fried tortilla rounds.
Easy Way To keep the ingredient list in check, omit the deep-fried tortillas (or opt for store-bought chips).
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small papaya (3/4 pound)—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons (2 cups)
- 3/4 pound seedless, rindless watermelon, cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons (2 cups)
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons (2 cups)
- 5 ounces mesclun greens
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice with the tequila. Whisk in the olive oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Add the papaya, watermelon, jicama and greens and toss well. Add the avocado and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.