© James Baigrie
Watermelon and Mascarpone Parfaits
- SERVINGS: 10
It is important to assemble the watermelon and mascarpone parfaits right before serving, so plan accordingly.
- 5 1/2 cups diced (1 inch) watermelon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons minced mint, plus whole mint leaves, for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone (about 9 1/2 ounces), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Lime slices, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the watermelon, lime zest and minced mint. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, cream, sugar, lime juice and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed until fluffy. Do not overbeat.
- Spoon one-third of the watermelon into Champagne flutes or wineglasses and top with half of the mascarpone. Add another layer of watermelon and mascarpone. Top with a final layer of watermelon, garnish with mint leaves and lime slices and serve.
Make Ahead The mascarpone cream can be refrigerated for 1 day.