Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
In Turkey, this popular salad is often made with Tulum cheese, a ubiquitous goat-and-lamb's-milk cheese. Defne Koryürek opts to make her version using creamy fresh goat cheese sprinkled with crunchy little nigella seeds (also called black onion seeds), which add a nutty, peppery flavor.
- 1 pound seedless watermelon chunks, cut into small slabs
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange the watermelon slabs on 6 plates and top with the fresh goat cheese rounds. Sprinkle all over with the orange zest and nigella seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice and lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and goat cheese and serve right away.