© Catherine Ledner
Watermelon and Ginger Limeade
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon, plus 8 small wedges, for garnish (from an 8-pound watermelon)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar and ginger and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Strain the ginger syrup into a small bowl.
- Puree the cubed watermelon in a food processor. Strain the puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Stir in the ginger syrup and the lime juice.
- Fill 8 tall glasses with ice and add the limeade. Garnish with the melon wedges and serve.