- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon—rind removed, flesh cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 English cucumber—halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan; oil the grill grate. Brush the tomatoes with olive oil and grill cut side down over high heat until charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely. Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch dice.
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the watermelon, cucumber, lime juice and crushed red pepper. Stir in the cilantro, season with salt and serve at once.