Watercress with Pears and Macadamia Nuts
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
You can substitute 1/4 cup vegetable oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of walnut or hazelnut oil for the macadamia-nut oil.
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pear or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons macadamia-nut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large bunches of watercress, thick stems discarded (16 loose cups)
- 2 ripe Anjou pearspeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, thinly shaved (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts
- In a bowl, whisk the shallot, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the nut oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the watercress, season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the pears, Parmesan and macadamia nuts, toss gently and serve.