- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced into very thin rings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut, walnut or olive oil
- 1 bunch watercress (6 ounces), thick stems discarded
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives, for garnish
- Heat 2 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add half the leeks, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes; transfer to paper towels. Repeat with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the remaining leeks.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, shallots and a large pinch of salt. Slowly whisk in the hazelnut oil. Add the watercress and cabbage to the bowl along with half the fried leeks, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Garnish with the remaining fried leeks and the chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.