- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound watercress, stemmed
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups walnut halves, toasted
- Seeds from 1 large pomegranate
In a small skillet, toast the cumin and coriander over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer the spices to a small bowl to cool. Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the watercress with the mint, walnuts and the dressing. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad and serve.