© Miki Duisterhof
Watercress and Mango Salad with Ginger Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
More Terrific Salads
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste or Tabasco to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Three 6-ounce bunches of watercress, tough stems discarded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Heat the canola oil in a small skillet. Add the ginger and cook over moderate heat until just golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer the ginger to a small bowl and let cool. Stir in the lime juice, rice vinegar, chili paste, garlic, sugar and sesame oil. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cilantro and scallion.
- In a large bowl, toss the watercress and onion with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Add the mango and avocado, toss gently and serve.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Stir in the cilantro and scallion just before serving.