- SERVINGS: MAKES SIX 4-OUNCE JARS
Serve this sauce with boiled beef, pot roast, shrimp, mackerel, chicken, gefilte fish or grilled swordfish.
- 2 pounds medium beets
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the beets in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel the beets and cut into wedges.
- In a small saucepan, boil the orange juice until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Add the sugar and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in the wasabi powder, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the beets and orange juice mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, stir in the zest and season with salt. Transfer to jars and refrigerate.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.