- 2 pounds yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces thickly sliced bacon, cut into lardons (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Cook the beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the beans and cool them under cold running water. Drain well and pat dry; transfer the beans to a large bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the vinegar, tomatoes, shallot, garlic and basil. Scrape the bacon vinaigrette over the beans, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Serve warm.
The cooked beans can be refrigerated for 2 days. Bring to room temperature before using.