- 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 pound red cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Thyme-Scented Wheat Berries
- 4 ounces ricotta salata cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Add the cabbage and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is barely wilted, 6 minutes. Add the thyme and the water, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and the water has evaporated, 20 minutes. Stir in the Thyme-Scented Thyme-Scented Wheat Berries, ricotta salata and toasted walnuts. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.