- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes (1 pound), peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 pound mixed beans, such as green and yellow romano beans and string
beans, halved crosswise
- 2 small zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large bowl, toss the onion with the anchovies and vinegar.
Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, then add the zucchini and yellow squash and cook for 5 minutes longer. Drain the vegetables very well in a colander.
Stir the olive oil, basil and garlic into the onion mixture in the bowl. Gently fold in the vegetables, allowing the potatoes to break up slightly and coat the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.