Warm Succotash Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Edamame (whole soybeans) contain a rich source of cholesterol-reducing compounds.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced mint
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces mesclun (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, thyme, mint, garlic, lemon zest and sugar. Whisk in 1/3 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, toss the mesclun and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Mound the salad on plates.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the corn, edamame and bell pepper and cook over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add to the dressing in the bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss. Spoon the succotash over the salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.