- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced mint
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces mesclun (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, thyme, mint, garlic, lemon zest and sugar. Whisk in 1/3 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
In another bowl, toss the mesclun and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Mound the salad on plates.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the corn, edamame and bell pepper and cook over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add to the dressing in the bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss. Spoon the succotash over the salad and serve.
One Serving 357 cal, 27.3 gm fat, 2.2 gm saturated fat, 24 gm carb, 6 gm fiber.