Warm Spinach Salad with Soft-Poached Eggs
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Leafy greens like spinach provide a huge amount of nutrients, especially vitamin A and vitamin K.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the eggs and simmer over moderately high heat for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep the pan of hot water on the stove over low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a large bowl. In a medium skillet, combine the olive oil, sherry and balsamic vinegars, shallots and thyme, and boil for 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs all over and gently peel them under warm running water, keeping them whole. Using a slotted spoon, slip the eggs in the hot water for 30 seconds.
- Pour the warm dressing over the spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss. Mound the salad on plates, top each with an egg and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.