- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly coat a 4-cup soufflé dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir the chocolate until melted; alternatively, melt the chocolate in a microwave oven. Let cool to tepid.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, vanilla, espresso, paprika and cinnamon. In another bowl, stir together the cocoa and flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. using a rubber spatula, lightly fold in the melted chocolate. Fold in the yogurt mixture and then the dry ingredients just until combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared dish. Bake in the lower third of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the top is just set and moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted in the center. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.