- 1 cup dried kamut or spelt berries
- 4 ounces haricots verts, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh red chile
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a heavy medium saucepan, toast the kamut over moderately high heat until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the grains are tender, 1 hour 10 minutes; drain off any excess water.
- In a medium, deep skillet, combine the haricots verts with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and steam over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Wipe out the skillet. Melt the butter in the oil over moderately high heat. Add the shallot, season with salt and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 minutes. Add the chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook, stirring, until just pink, 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the kamut and haricots verts and cook until hot. Stir in the tarragon, season with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.