- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup Gamay Noir
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt and simmer over moderately low heat until just tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, boil the Gamay Noir over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 7 minutes. Transfer it to a medium heatproof bowl and let cool. Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly; peel while still warm and slices crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.
The potatoes and vinaigrette can be refrigerated, separately overnight. Bring both to room temperature before serving.