Warm Potato Salad with Gamay Noir Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 4
There's enough vinaigrette here for the potato salad and the Chardonnay-Poached Salmon with Gamay Noir Vinaigrette, If you're not planning to make the fish, serve the extra vinaigrette over grilled steak, roast chicken or a sliced tomato salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup Gamay Noir
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt and simmer over moderately low heat until just tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, boil the Gamay Noir over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 7 minutes. Transfer it to a medium heatproof bowl and let cool. Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly; peel while still warm and slices crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.