- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 shallot, minced
- One 2-inch rosemary sprig
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
How to make this recipe
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook over high heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, shaking off any excess water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is golden and the butter is just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the shallot and rosemary sprig and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and discard the rosemary sprig.
Whisk the vinegar and mustard into the pancetta mixture; season with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and the chives and toss until evenly coated. Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature.