Warm Potato, Oven-Roasted Tomato and Parmesan Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
Joël Robuchon first served a version of this dish—using truffles instead of herbs—during the last days in his restaurant on Avenue Raymond Poincaré. It has become a family favorite of Patricia Wells, with or without the truffles.
- 2 pounds tiny yellow potatoes, unpeeled
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, coursely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs, such as dill, chives and tarragon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Steam the potatoes over simmering water until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and thinly slice them. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the Oven-Roasted Tomatoes and herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of the oil with the vinegar. Season with salt and white pepper. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss gently to coat. Garnish with the cheese shavings and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Serve immediately.
A sturdy Côtes-du-Rhône white goes well with this saladfor example, a Château de Beaucastel Coudoulet Blanc from Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.