- 1 pound lump crab, picked over
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- One 9-ounce jar piquillo peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of the Manchego. Spread in an 8-by-11-inch baking dish. Top with the piquillos and sprinkle with the remaining Manchego. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through. Serve hot.
Crusty bread or crostini.