Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Chef Jose Garces offers a mix of traditional and inspired tapas at his terrific spot in Old City. This creamy pepper and seafood dip is a simplified version of the stuffed piquillo peppers on his menu.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- One 9-ounce jar piquillo peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Crusty bread or crackers, for serving
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of the Manchego. Spread in an 8-by-11-inch baking dish. Top with the piquillos and sprinkle with the remaining Manchego. Broil until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through. Serve hot with bread or crackers.