© Maura McEvoy
Warm Olives with Sesame Seeds and Oregano
- SERVINGS: 8
At Oleana, Ana Sortun uses za'atar—a type of dried summer savory—instead of the fresh oregano she offers as a substitute here.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound Niçoise olives or other full-flavored brine-cured black olives, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- In a medium skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the olives and oregano and cook over low heat, stirring, just until heated through. Stir in the sesame seeds, transfer to a bowl and serve.