- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Strips of zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- 2 small garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 pound mixed oil- and brine-cured olives, such as Kalamata, Niçoise, Moroccan, cracked green Sicilian and Cerignola (3 cups)
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the oil with the lemon zest, rosemary and garlic and cook over moderate heat until the garlic just begins to brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the olives and let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
The olives can be prepared up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated; warm gently before serving.
Cooking Club Tip: Variations on this hors d'oeuvre are endless. Play with different mixtures of herbs or add crushed red pepper.
Site We Like: gratefulpalate.com
A Côtes du Rhône.