Warm New Potato Salad with Taleggio and Arugula
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This dish displays a wonderful contrast of textures—the waxy potatoes, spiky arugula leaves and soft, melting cheese.
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, wiped clean
- 3/4 pound arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound Taleggio or other mild semisoft cheese, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water, set a lid on top and bring to a boil. Add salt, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil. Transfer to a large ovenproof platter. Cut the potatoes in half and arrange on the arugula in a single layer. Top with the Taleggio cheese and season with salt and pepper. Broil for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts, and serve.