- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup veal or chicken demiglace (see Note)
- Sea salt
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 6 ounces young arugula (4 cups)
How to make this recipe
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the demiglace and cook over moderate heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt. Mound the mushrooms on warmed plates and top with the Parmesan shavings. In a bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Pile the arugula on the mushrooms and serve.
Demiglace is available from Dean & DeLuca, 800-221-7714.