Warm Mixed-Berry Compote
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 large vanilla bean, split
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice with the honey. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the saucepan and add the bean. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the honey, about 2 minutes. Add the blueberries and blackberries and cook just until softened, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the raspberries. Stir the cornstarch slurry and add it to the saucepan. Simmer the compote until thickened and glossy, about 2 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean. Serve warm.
Make AheadThe compote can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat gently before serving.
Serve WithOat Cake with Warm Mixed Berry Compote