Warm Melon and Prosciutto Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
A pungent pink-peppercorn vinaigrette and peppery greens invigorate a traditional pairing of prosciutto and melon.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon each of heavy cream and unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- One 6-ounce bunch of watercress, large stems discarded
- 2 cups (1 1/2 ounces) baby spinach
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto ham
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Aged balsamic and buttered, toasted brioche, for serving
- In a blender, puree the vinegar, peppercorns, mustard and shallot. Blend in the oil and cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the melon; toss until hot. Toss the greens with the dressing; mound on the plates. Top with the melon, ham and pine nuts; serve with the balsamic and brioche.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.