- 1 cup French green lentils (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a medium saucepan, cover the lentils with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Simmer the lentils over low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
Heat the olive oil in the saucepan. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lentils and remove from the heat. Add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the radishes and parsley, transfer to bowls and serve.