- 1 pound carrots—peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup French green (Le Puy) lentils
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Scrape into a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the lentils until al dente, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the lentils to the carrots along with the cucumber, dill and 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, puree the feta with 2 tablespoons of water and the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil until smooth. Season with salt. Spoon the dressing over the lentil salad and serve.
Crisp, lightly herbal Sauvignon Blanc.