- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 small leeks (about 2 pounds), white and tender green parts only, cut into 1/3-inch rings
- 1 pound fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Flatbreads, pita crisps, crackers, crusty bread or raw vegetables, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add the leeks and stir to coat with butter. Cover and cook over high heat just until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned in spots, about 8 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the goat cheese and cream cheese until melted and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow dish, sprinkle with the chives and serve with flat breads.
The dip can be refrigerated overnight and reheated in a 325° oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot.
Melony Sauvignon Blanc.