- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups frozen kale
- 1/4 cup white wine
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Gluten-free crackers, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the shallot over medium-high heat until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook 1 more minute. Fold in the kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale has softened and released its liquid, 2 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer until evaporated, 2 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small food processor, puree the beans with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 cup water until smooth. Add the white bean puree to the kale mixture along with 1/4 cup Parmesan and stir to combine. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has begun to brown. Serve warm alongside crackers for dipping.
The dip can be made a day ahead of time, and reheated until bubbling at time of serving.