Warm Green Bell Pepper and Tomato Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound small green bell peppers, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds tomatoespeeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Poke a hole or make a small slit in the side of each pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, turning frequently, until browned and softened all over, about 20 minutes. Drain the peppers on paper towels and let cool. Peel, core and seed the peppers, then cut them into 1/2-inch strips.
- In another large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cumin and cook over low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, pepper strips and vinegar, season with salt and cook, tossing, just until heated through. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the parsley, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.