- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 6 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 heads Little Gem or baby romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- Sea salt
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Chopped pistachios and extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the green beans, anchovies and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the beans to a large plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and the lettuce to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until the lettuce
is golden and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans and lemon juice and
season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer the beans and lettuce to a serving platter and top with the sliced scallion. Scatter with pistachios, drizzle with olive oil and serve warm with lemon wedges.