- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, rinsed
- One 14-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions thinly sliced, green parts only
How to make this recipe
Whisk together the lemon juice, orange zest, orange juice, mustard, smoked paprika, maple syrup, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking until combined. Set aside.
Remove the ribs and stems from the kale leaves and coarsely chop. In a medium saucepan over high heat, add the kale with 3 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook until kale wilts down, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse and drain the chickpeas. When the kale leaves are tender, add the chickpeas and paprika dressing to the pan and stir to combine. Cook together until dressing is warm and evenly coats the beans and kale, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
Spoon mixture into desired serving dish. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.