Warm Fennel Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs—halved, cored and finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fennel fronds
- 2 tablespoons sweet wine vinegar, such as Late Harvest Riesling, or seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped fennel bulbs and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until golden and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let the chopped fennel cool in the skillet for 10 minutes, then stir in the vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Reheat and stir in the fennel fronds just before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.