- 4 thick slices of bacon (4 ounces), cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately low heat, stirring a few times, until it is crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels and let drain.
Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over moderate heat until they start to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes longer, until almost tender. Add the diced red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the corn kernels and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and stir in the onion, cider vinegar, crushed red pepper and bacon. Season the salad with salt and serve.